Global Alignment Inc. PROGRAM Terms & Conditions
Global Alignment Group Inc. (the “Company”) provides a service known as the “Online Private Practice Business Program” (the “Service”) to promote overall awareness and competencies in starting and effectively running a private practice business.
Though these programs include both personal and professional development components, these services aren’t intended as professional career training and aren’t a continuation of any educational training institute’s program. The Online Private Practice Business Program doesn’t grant any educational credentials, nor are any training certificates or diplomas awarded. We figure that a healthy and thriving business is the best reward!
GLOBAL ALIGNMENT AGREES TO PROVIDE YOU WITH:
An Online Private Practice Business Program consisting of two steps.
Step One – Can be completed by any of these three methods:
- Individual One-to-One Sessions,
- As a Self-Paced Program, or
- As part of a Group Program
Each program method follows the same “Roadmap” and provides take-away assignments which best assist in the building of a successful Private Practice Business.
Your Coach will allocate a maximum of 15 minutes per module (during your 1.5 hour session), to preview homework or answer emails before or between sessions. If taking the Business Program, each Module’s coaching time will be used to discuss the topics and assignments specific to that module.
Step Two – You get access to our team of Expert GURU Consultants, as appropriate, for additional fees as quoted. Our GURU Experts cover topics important to your business such as websites, graphic design, copywriting, finances, administration and social media.
“Private Practice Marketing” commences after a participant has completed the five modules, the one-to-one business coaching program or has already completed their own business set up.
ABOUT OUR GURUS:
- You understand that projects must be completed in a timely way and that no GURU Project may take more than six (6) weeks to complete, at which point you will be invoiced for the project.
- Once you decide you would like to proceed with a project, you are agreeing to the methodology terms and fees. (A deposit is required for some GURU projects). Should the project scope change, you understand that costs will be discussed again and changed accordingly with your approval.
- It is then up to the Participant to proceed to a free GURU consultation to review fees and how each project methodology works. Once this is done, a project quote is provided, which must be approved in writing via email.
- If you would like to consider the services of our GURUs, a coach’s email introduction is sent to both you and the relevant GURU at the appropriate time in the program.
- GURUs only offer their services through Global Alignment and to those enrolled in our online Program. They won’t agree to be hired independently outside of this Program.
- Once you have finished a project with one GURU, you will be invoiced and payment must be made within 5 days of receipt of the invoice. You will also receive a project feedback survey to complete. Once both payment and the survey are done, your project will be released to you. The above process then repeats with the next GURU and project, should you choose.
YOU, THE PARTICIPANT, AGREE TO:
- Be accountable for your decisions and goals based on your own jurisdictional laws, regulatory or governing body, geographic region or code of ethics (as applicable). This applies not just to the time you take this program, but that you remain accountable for ongoing changes that may occur in your industry and review any laws, jurisdictional or governing body requirements that may have changed throughout each year.
- Be on time. Now’s the time to practice being a professional. As such, all sessions will start and end at the scheduled time, regardless of your punctuality or the absence of appropriate 24-hour phone cancellation notice.
- Complete your assignments and proactively schedule and participate in the individual one-on-one coaching session that accompanies each module, which for the sake of continued momentum, never exceed a maximum of 4 weeks between sessions. Choosing to exceed the 4 weeks without exercising a coaching “pause”, may result in a default of your prepaid session. This may also result in you having to begin coaching again as a new client under new terms. Please note that the coaching session expires on the date your module access expires. (Extensions are not given for coaching sessions, regardless if you opt to extend access to a module.)
- Should you opt for additional coaching sessions – proactively schedule and participate in them. Please note that any pre-paid coaching sessions expire twelve (12) months after the date initially registered for.
- Understand that technology is fallible, and therefore do not hold Global Alignment or its team liable for human or technical errors that can occur through the use of technology.
- The Participant is responsible for their technology which should be tested prior to each session. For best results, ensure your computer is hard-wired to your modem (as opposed to being on wi-fi as signal strengths can vary), or at minimum be in the same room as the modem. Also best to ensure that all other programs on your computer are closed.
- The Participant will ensure there is mutual confidentiality/privacy during sessions. You should be alone in the room and away from others so that the session cannot be overheard. We also suggest using a headset and microphone as it blocks out noises in the surrounding environment. “Mutual confidentiality” means that recordings of sessions, session content and emails may not be shared with any other person or organization.
- Prepare for your individual sessions by taking notes to ensure you retain the information and feedback you need. The Company will provide a supplemental FREE & CONFIDENTIAL recording, which will be emailed directly to you within 3-days of your session. Under no circumstances, may this recording be shared, either in part or whole.
- Be aware that “compliance” is constantly updating and evolving. As laws, rules and guidelines change in various associations and government agencies, you as the client understand that it is your responsibility to seek your own advice with respect to compliance from the proper authorities as you set up your business and onward as you operate your business. We recommend you make it a habit to recheck each area to ensure your own compliance annually.
ADDITIONAL FEES, INVOICING AND CANCELLATIONS:
- The coaching fee is $105/hour (plus taxes) and all sessions are 1 ½ hours in duration. It is a requirement of all new clients to commit to and prepay for three (3) sessions via PayPal at the time of signup. Because we are a virtual company, it is understood that all payments are processed via PayPal.
- Because we are also an international company with clients in different time zones (sometimes a full day ahead), and because our billing staff work part-time, payment for individual sessions is required 2 days in advance of a scheduled session. Late payments will incur late fees.
- Please keep any rescheduling, cancelling or deferring of sessions to a minimum. We are a busy practice so if you need to cancel or reschedule a session, please call your Coach (604-765-2001) at least 24-hours prior to your scheduled session start. That way your appointment time can be offered to someone else. Texting, emailing or sending Facebook or Skype messages will not be accepted as notice of cancellation, and failure to cancel or reschedule with a minimum of 24 hours’ notice will mean session fees are still incurred.
- We do understand that on rare occasion, there may be an emergency that would prevent you or your coach from giving the required 24 hours’ notice to cancel or reschedule a session. The standard we use to determine “emergency” is specific to any acute illness or injury, accident or situation that occurred within that 24 hour period that would be characterized as unforeseeable, unavoidable, and would prevent the ability to follow through on the scheduled session. (i.e. Power failure, car accident) This does not include matters of negligence, overbooking, disorganization or any situation that could have been reasonably anticipated. (i.e. double booked, ongoing sickness that has been present for more than 24 hours).
- For an additional $75 (plus taxes), you can extend access to an online module for an extra 4 weeks beyond the initial 8-week timeframe. And then, if absolutely necessary, an additional 4 weeks access can be purchased for $150 (plus taxes). However, if you are in the Group Program, you may not extend your coaching session beyond the original 8 weeks per Module AND 40 weeks maximum allocated to complete all 5 Modules. All 5 Modules must be done in succession, with completion of each module and coaching session, prior to beginning the next.
- If in the Group Program, it is understood that FREE access to module 5 will only be granted if Modules 1 through 4 and subsequent coaching time have been completed within the 32 weeks allocated.
- Understand that any additional Coaching or GURU time outside of the regular Program term must be mutually agreed upon and booked in advance. Invoicing is done via PayPal at the regular determined billable rate and in 30-minute increments.
- Fees are non-transferrable and non-refundable.
- Cancelling or deferring sessions may seem a reasonable way to problem-solve unfinished assignments or counteract time management struggles. However, these are almost always ineffective and self-sabotaging deterrents that impact your ability to maintain momentum and reach your goals. We would rather help you get back on track.
- GURU invoices are payable, via PayPal, within 5-days of completion of any agreed upon project. Because we are an online company who sees clients around the globe, all fees must be processed via PayPal. Fees not processed in this time frame may be subject to a late fee of $20, which will be applied to your invoice weekly over the period of a month, or equivalent time reduced from your next scheduled session. Unpaid fees exceeding 30 days will be referred to collections.
- Should you register for the entire program at a discount (purchasing all 5-modules at once) and decide you’d like to withdraw prior to Program completion, a refund may be awarded only if all of the following terms are met:
- The module has not yet started
- You understand you’ll incur a $100 penalty
- You notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The refund is activated, via PayPal, within 10-days from the date the withdrawal request was received
CONFIDENTIALITY OF OUR PROGRAM MATERIAL, TEACHINGS, IDEAS & ASSIGNMENTS:
- If it is your vision to work within our very specific and specialized niche (teaching business skills to Mental Health or Wellness Professionals), this non-compete clause eliminates the option of participating in our Private Practice Business Program. If you are unsure if this is applicable to you, please speak with your coach before registering.
- It is understood and agreed that our teachings, assignments, recordings of the program and recording of your individual/group sessions may NOT be shared, discussed or re-taught to others (in part or in whole).
- When participating in other forums or groups that involve collaboration in building a private practice, instead of sharing the content of our program, we simply ask that you refer your colleagues to us so that they may learn the “how to” of building a private practice. That way they glean the experiential benefits of participating in the complete program first hand, honouring our efforts to keep our confidential programs intact.
- As a thank you for paying it forward, any referral that results in a participant signing up for any of our programs, we’d be thrilled to offer you a free, 45-minute coaching session credit.
- If you introduce the Company to a group/organization that asks that we host a one-time event (i.e. a webinar or speaking engagement) for its mental health & wellness professional members, we will award you a 2 ¼ hour (2 hrs 15 mins) complimentary coaching time credit as a thank you. (Applies only if becoming a member of the organization is not a requirement.)
ACCUMULATING ANNUAL PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT, CONTINUED COMPETENCY AND/OR SUPERVISION HOURS FOR PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS:
- Some organizations and associations approve Global Alignment’s Business Programs as a means for their practitioner members to fulfill their annual requirements of:
- Counselling Practice hours and /or;
- Continued Education hours and/or;
- Counselling/Therapy Supervision hours
- You as the Participant understand that your must proactively inform your coach/supervisor (in writing) of any intent to use parts of this program as a means to accumulate hours of this nature. It is understood that in some circumstances, written agreements must take place PRIOR to beginning to accumulate hours, and in these cases, the Participant understands that retroactive agreements cannot be made.
- The Participant is responsible for keeping accurate records of their own hours, dates and times for accumulating hours, and in the case of Supervision, will require forms for both Supervisor and Supervisee be filled in after each meeting, and be signed.
- Any hours accumulated via Global Alignment must first be approved, summarized on Global Alignment’s letterhead/forms and signed off by your Coach/Supervisor.
- All Supervision hours via Global Alignment will be considered “topic-specific supervision” with a focus on Business Development skills and Personal/Professional Development skills as a business owner. Evaluations will be specific to your personal and professional development as it relates to the development of your business. While taking this program, Supervisees may opt to retain another “Supervisor” to evaluate other aspects of their counselling therapy development.
YOU, THE PARTICIPANT, AGREE THAT YOU WON’T:
- Independently duplicate, reproduce, record, or distribute in any form whatsoever disclose, share, re-teach, pass on (in whole or in part), the Company’s Program content, materials, methodologies, concepts, written information, recorded files, methods or material or assignments with any third party in any manner that would infringe the Company’s confidentiality and/or copyrighted intellectual or trademarked property.
- Share online Program access information or allow any other person to attend, view or observe any portion of this program or sessions if that person is not a registered Participant or mutually agreed-upon participant in your coaching sessions (i.e in the case of a business partnership). This applies both to the period that you are involved in the Program, as well as after the completion of the program.
We only release personal information about our work together with your written permission, or in the unlikely event that we are required to do so by a court order. There are some situations in which we may be legally obligated to breach your confidentiality in order to protect others from harm. These include:
- Information indicating a child/elderly/disabled person’s life or health is at risk, the appropriate agency must be informed;
- If a client is an imminent risk to him/herself or makes threats of violence against another person, we are required to take protective actions.
- We maintain professional relationships with clients and adhere to our professional boundaries during our work together. That means that our complete focus and attention is on you and your goals, which isn’t the same as a friendship where both peoples’ needs are considered. Our experience shows that, when boundaries blur, the hard-won benefits gained from the coaching relationship erode and we truly desire the best for you.
- Our therapeutic and coaching approach is considered highly collaborative, hands-on and experiential, all aimed at helping you reach your goals and to grow as an individual. You may be presented with the option to change your habits and perceptions, often resulting in emotional ups and downs, anxiety or that things feel more difficult before they feel better. You may be presented with the option to participate in experiential exercises involving emotional expression or release, which can be cathartic in nature. Such releases can leave a feeling of relief or upset or even tired and emotionally spent for days following. If you have any concerns regarding an exercise, either during or after, (or feel there are areas of concern emotionally, intellectually or spiritually) please discuss them with your counsellor/coach prior or at your first opportunity. The choice to participate in any exercise is always yours.
- The Client understands at times, if they agree to participate, there may be sharing of strong emotions and feelings resulting in a catharsis or memories of difficult events. As a Client, you have the right to refuse these processes.
- You’re responsible for individually evaluating all information provided to you and making your own appropriate decisions independently. The maximum aggregate liability of any of the Company and/or Consultants (which includes Coaches, Mentors, Expert Guru Consultants) howsoever arising, including but not limited to: default, breach, negligence and indemnity obligations – shall be limited to an amount equal to the registration fees you paid.
- The client has a right to request a copy of their files or have the original files transferred to another professional. This request must be done in writing (a form will be provided to you). You will receive a response regarding if the Company is able to release your files or not and why. If possible, it will involve a period of time, payment of a fee and a requirement to book a session to review and ask questions about the file contents. Any file going to a third party would need to be sent directly.
- If you as a client would like to review your files for your own reasons, you may do so by scheduling a session time to review the file together so that you may ask questions, and we can ensure you understand all of the information within your file.
- In the unlikely event that the Counsellor/Coach has an extended illness, accident or absence that prevents them from working, or in the case of death, a Global Alignment team member will notify you and make arrangements to refer you to another processional.
- If you would like to connect with us through Social Media, (i.e. Facebook or LinkedIn) please do so through our Global Alignment’s Business Accounts, rather than our individual personal accounts.
- The Client understands that we DO NOT work with clients who have pending legal lawsuits, accident/injury insurance claims (such as ICBC or Worksafe). If while already working with us, an event happens that results in a legal, work, accident or insurance claim of any nature, we should be informed immediately prior to your next session.
- As we are a Global company, we do business around the world. If you are in another country or province and a dispute should arise between the client and Global Alignment, it should be understood that it is solely the laws of the municipality, province and country that Global Alignment Group Inc. is registered that will be utilized to resolve any and all disputes. It is agreed that the laws of other regions or countries will not apply.
- Your voice and our values matter! If at any time, you as a client wish to express a concern or complaint regarding our business processes or policies, social media presence or the conduct or ethics of our consulting team or coaches, please email Global Alignment’s Owner, Cindi Williams at email@example.com. We will do our utmost to ensure an immediate inquiry and resolution of any issue.
- From time to time, there may be occasional policy or rate changes within our Programs. In such cases, one month’s notice is given to existing clients outlining any changes.
For your convenience, this terms document is provided, for reference and as a printable document, at the start of each module. We recommend that you print it for your own reference.
I accept and understand the terms and conditions above.
(By clicking this button, you acknowledge acceptance of the terms listed above.)